On account of steadily increasing quality demands, investments must nowadays also be in new measuring technology.
However, investment costs cannot just be added to product prices but must be compensated through an increase in productive capacity.
This increase in productive capacity must be large enough to achieve a return of investment of less than 2 years.
Brief introduction to the Status Quo:
- At the press, simple measuring devices are used (calliper gauge).
- Complex dimensions cannot be checked at the press.
Brief summary of targets:
- Fast and reliable measurements at the press.
- Simple preparation of samples.
- Results independent of operators.
- The generation of references must be fast and easy.
Based on these requirements, ASCONA GmbH offers its solutions – for measurement of aluminium profiles directly at the press.
The savings potential is calculated on the base of a faster measurement and assumed preset values.
The more rapid recognition of contour deviations on a profile permits a quick reaction by the production department. This represents a gain in production time.
Creation of added value: approx. 1.000 € / t
(Margin between the purchase price for aluminium and the sales price of profiles)
Each ton of aluminium profiles which can be produced in addition will increase the profit by approx. 1.000 €.
Assuming that after each contour flaw, a production time of 30 minutes can be saved, that 2 flaws per week and per press occur, the following results can be achieved:
- During 50 production weeks per year, 50 production hours will be saved.
- Given a throughput of 1,5 t per hour, approx. 75 tons of aluminium profile can be produced in addition.
The savings potential is therefore
|approx. 75.000,- € per year and per press|
Benefits for the customer
PROMEX BASIC, ADVANCED And EXPERT are practically proven systems for the measurement of aluminium profiles.
Our customers benefit from:
- increase in productive capacity
- cost reduction
- reduction of measuring times
- less complaints by customers
- intervention limits can be determined
- complete quality record, 24 hours
- quality status, independent of operators
- link to existing EDP systems
- improved options for corrections for new extrusion dies through three-dimensional visualisation of results
- control of already produced profiles